Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz EE
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon X300 / X700PRO / X850XT (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Corsair PC5400 DDR2 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 200GB 7,200RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
As we mentioned in the introduction we will be following the same pattern as last time except we have moved the X800XT to the faster and more commonly available X850XT. ATI seem to be pushing the bug fixes this time around so we aren't expecting too much in the performance area but as always we will look and see if we come up with anything interesting.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 340
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
Straight off the mark we have 3DMark and we see no difference in performance be it positive or negative across both resolutions and all three sets of cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- ASUS tease ROG Strix RX Vega 56 OC Edition graphics card
- Intel Core i3-8350K perf: competes with Core i7-7700K
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience