Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz EE
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon X300 / X700PRO / X850XT (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Corsair PC5400 DDR2 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 200GB 7,200RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
As we mentioned in the introduction we will be following the same pattern as last time except we have moved the X800XT to the faster and more commonly available X850XT. ATI seem to be pushing the bug fixes this time around so we aren't expecting too much in the performance area but as always we will look and see if we come up with anything interesting.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 340
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
Straight off the mark we have 3DMark and we see no difference in performance be it positive or negative across both resolutions and all three sets of cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications