It wouldn't be CES without some liquid nitrogen overclocking! GIGABYTE didn't disappoint; they had their own overclockers (HiCookie and Sofos) on site and also hosted HWBot's World Tour.
GIGABYTE's overclockers were using the new Z270X-Gaming SOC motherboard along with an NVIDIA Pascal-based GPU. Liquid nitrogen overclocking was done on both the CPU and memory to achieve world records.
On the other side of the rope, we found some independent and team-based overclockers aiming to defeat each other in one-on-one matches on the stage. Overclocker Joe Stepnoz beat Lucky_n00b by a slim margin to win the HWBot Overclocking World Tour Qualifier, gaining him a place at the finals in Taiwan.
Both Overclockers are veterans of many overclocking competitions, and no one knew who would win. Congrats Joe, we wish you the best at finals!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Elon Musk gets approval to build NYC-DC Hyperloop
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4