Version and / or Patch Used: Unpatched
Developer Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Product Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Developed by some folks from the University of Tokyo (yes, Japan), Super PI is a small utility that does just as the name implies. It figures PI to a set number of decimal places. Since PI is an infinite number to the right of the decimal point, the utility measures the time it takes to figure a set number of places. It runs the calculations a set number of times and gives a time for the completion of the task. This is a simple and effective way to measure the raw number crunching power of the processor being used to compile the results.
Here again Super PI is also benefiting from the ultra fast memory. As will be mentioned in the conclusion, some of the benchmarks were run at 3.5GHz.
Actually the highest Super PI run was at 3.541GHz with the memory running at 272MHz (2-2-2-6) and this resulted in a time of 23.953 seconds (using the modded SuperPI version with milliseconds). A very nice time!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 2 [Cooling Choices and Installation]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 3 [Pushing the memory and Overclocking]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Information]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sega making Mega Drive Mini console with 80 games, plays cartridges
- No Man's Sky on PC might release three days later than PS4 version
- Tesla Model S P85D goes head to head with McLaren 650S
- SAPPHIRE announces its new NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- See Star Citizen's current biggest flyable ship in 4K
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio