Version and / or Patch Used: Unpatched
Developer Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Product Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Developed by some folks from the University of Tokyo (yes, Japan), Super PI is a small utility that does just as the name implies. It figures PI to a set number of decimal places. Since PI is an infinite number to the right of the decimal point, the utility measures the time it takes to figure a set number of places. It runs the calculations a set number of times and gives a time for the completion of the task. This is a simple and effective way to measure the raw number crunching power of the processor being used to compile the results.
Here again Super PI is also benefiting from the ultra fast memory. As will be mentioned in the conclusion, some of the benchmarks were run at 3.5GHz.
Actually the highest Super PI run was at 3.541GHz with the memory running at 272MHz (2-2-2-6) and this resulted in a time of 23.953 seconds (using the modded SuperPI version with milliseconds). A very nice time!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 2 [Cooling Choices and Installation]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 3 [Pushing the memory and Overclocking]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Information]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications