Version and / or Patch Used: Unpatched
Developer Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Product Homepage: http://pw1.netcom.com/~hjsmith/Pi/Super_Pi.html
Developed by some folks from the University of Tokyo (yes, Japan), Super PI is a small utility that does just as the name implies. It figures PI to a set number of decimal places. Since PI is an infinite number to the right of the decimal point, the utility measures the time it takes to figure a set number of places. It runs the calculations a set number of times and gives a time for the completion of the task. This is a simple and effective way to measure the raw number crunching power of the processor being used to compile the results.
Here again Super PI is also benefiting from the ultra fast memory. As will be mentioned in the conclusion, some of the benchmarks were run at 3.5GHz.
Actually the highest Super PI run was at 3.541GHz with the memory running at 272MHz (2-2-2-6) and this resulted in a time of 23.953 seconds (using the modded SuperPI version with milliseconds). A very nice time!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 2 [Cooling Choices and Installation]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 3 [Pushing the memory and Overclocking]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Information]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015