When it comes to Phase Change cooling, two such solutions would be the Vapochill and the Prometeia (which I will be using), the Prometeia Mach II to be exact.
Very briefly the Mach II is made up of three important parts - namely the compressor (a Danfrost NL11F using R134a refrigerant), the condenser or heat exchanger and the evaporator which is the part with the copper plate that actually mounts onto the processor itself.
With the right ambient temperatures, the evaporator on the Prometeia Mach II can reach - 51'C. Its bigger brother the Mach II GT can go even lower than this though. We'll be overclocking at around -12'C to work out just how far we can push the FX-57 processor.
Sure there are other options as well, like Dry Ice, Liquid Nitrogen or building your own triple cascade. However, these commercial units are far more practical and can actually be run 24/7 all be it with a slight dip in your monthly electricity bill.
Now it comes to installation of the phase change and one of the first things to do is to mount the supplied heating element on the back of the motherboard where the processor would be.
The heating element is to prevent any moisture from forming on the rear of the motherboard. This element is covered by an acrylic backplate. Then the CPU is placed in the motherboard and a front CPU bracket is screwed into the back plate.
The evaporator is then attached to this CPU bracket to complete the installation. Sealing string is also placed between the back plate and the motherboard, CPU bracket and the board and the evaporator and the CPU bracket to ensure that the housing is 100% air tight.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 2 [Cooling Choices and Installation]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 3 [Pushing the memory and Overclocking]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Information]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 12 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- FX-57 Overclocking - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset