ULi, being relatively new to the chipset market, is now aiming to make a name for itself with the latest chipset for AMD processors, but will it be enough to convince the crowds?
There are some companies that, despite the new name, remember some of the older ALi products, and the sour taste it left in their mouths when the motherboards refused to work with many of the PCI and AGP devices of the time, many years ago now.
That though, is the past, and ULi has set its sights on the future and with the M1695 chipset, have a good aim. One of the best features we liked about this chipset is the companion Southbridge's that not only add in the support for all the additional peripherals, but also give support for additional devices like AGP, and an additional PCI-Express x16 lane on the next revision to come out. Added to this list the ability to split the primary graphics down the middle to create a possible SLI setup, we can only hope that ULi works within the SLI specs and add this to the list of already impressive specs in their latest chipset.
Overall the ULi M1695 chipset was a delight in terms of stability; we found no problems with the reference motherboard even in its early stages of development. The M1695 performed flawlessly, and with impressive results against established retail motherboards to go along with its stability earns, ULi a place on the chipset hall of fame and we look forward to checking out retail motherboards based on ULi's M1695 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015