Testing out Dell's claims at a lake
I spent two days in Texas to see and experiment with Dell's new rugged lineup. The first day we all boarded a boat and two jet skis on Lake Travis and proceeded to beach at a limestone island in the center of the lake.
Here, Dell's Chris Morley is throwing a Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme from the boat onto the island. Chris wanted us to see that they [Dell] are "kicking Panasonic's ass." Chris threw the notebook multiple times onto the hard, rocky island.
I should mention that I captured all this on a Facebook Live video, which is embedded below. The notebook was very durable and was even on display on the following day when we went to Dell's office.
A more interactive experience was with the Latitude 12 Rugged tablet, which was loaded with an interactive map that would ping its GPS coordinate and then display it on the map. An image of the course was setup, and boundary lines were drawn on the map. I have to admit, it was a little difficult to track my position on a lake while going 55MPH, but nevertheless, the data gathered showed how terrible I am at following directions while enjoying the jet ski. I also documented this on Facebook Live - it's embedded below.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Dell's Rugged and Extremely Rugged Products]
- Page 2 [Testing Out Dell's Claims - Part 1]
- Page 3 [Testing Out Dell's Claims - Part 2]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0