Many of you will know that the majority of our staff are based in Australia. Over the last few years many Taiwanese companies have opened offices in our country to cater for the growing Australian computer market. Their offices handle marketing and sales within Australia but most importantly for the end-user, they offer service and repairs. With the Taiwanese companies having offices based right here in Australia, end-users can be assured quick turn around time on having their computer parts either repaired or replaced... much quicker than having the parts shipped back and forth from overseas.
There are a half a dozen Taiwanese companies with offices in Australia and the number is growing as the importance of the emerging Australian market is realised. MSI and Kingmax have been in the country for some time, ASUS invested millions not too long ago and next on the list is GIGABYTE who also believes in the Australian market so much so to also invest millions of dollars in our country.
Mr. Alan Chen, the main man in charge of GIGABYTE Technology Pty Ltd was kind enough to let us inside their Melbourne service center which employees about 10 staff (engineers, tech support and warehouse) to take a close look at their operation and just exactly what goes on inside. Armed with digital camera, we visited their office last week and will show you in pictorial form just what is involved in repairing a motherboard from start to finish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Inside GIGABYTE Melbourne - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Inside GIGABYTE Melbourne - Page 2 [Tech Support and Problem Diagnostic]
- Inside GIGABYTE Melbourne - Page 3 [Spare Parts]
- Inside GIGABYTE Melbourne - Page 4 [Replacing chipsets on motherboards]
- Inside GIGABYTE Melbourne - Page 5 [QA Testing and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Final 'Star Trek: Beyond' trailer peaks at the right time
- Microsoft's new tool fixes Start Menu issues in Windows 10
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines