Test System System
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): DFI LAN Party 865PE (ICH5R)
Memory(s): Kingmax 2 x 512MB DDR-500
Video Card(s): ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP
Hard Disk(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
So, we know both devices from Seagate are quite funky and work well... but, how do they perform? To find out we've used HD Tach, a popular storage benchmark utility and File Copy Test moving 2.3GB worth of data, and compared both products (USB 2.0 and Firewire on the external drive) against a standard USB 2.0 pen drive and a slaved PATA system drive.
These results should give you a good indication of how well the 5GB pocket drive from Seagate performs against a regular pen drive and how the 400GB external unit performs against a hard drive inside your case connected to the IDE bus through the older Intel ICH5R south bridge.
Let's begin and see how they go!
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now