Test System System
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): DFI LAN Party 865PE (ICH5R)
Memory(s): Kingmax 2 x 512MB DDR-500
Video Card(s): ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP
Hard Disk(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
So, we know both devices from Seagate are quite funky and work well... but, how do they perform? To find out we've used HD Tach, a popular storage benchmark utility and File Copy Test moving 2.3GB worth of data, and compared both products (USB 2.0 and Firewire on the external drive) against a standard USB 2.0 pen drive and a slaved PATA system drive.
These results should give you a good indication of how well the 5GB pocket drive from Seagate performs against a regular pen drive and how the 400GB external unit performs against a hard drive inside your case connected to the IDE bus through the older Intel ICH5R south bridge.
Let's begin and see how they go!
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel