We honestly feel we could end this conclusion with a "Thanks for reading" sentence as the results do speak for themselves, very clearly. If you haven't made up your mind on nVidia's GeForce 7800 GTX yet, hit the back button a few times, and look at the benchmark results again. This is an absolute powerhouse of a graphics card and the hype was well and truly deserved.
An SLI solution for the 7800 GTX is going to be deemed by many as unnecessary and we won't deny that...but who doesn't want two of these cards in their system and with the launch price of these cards, we really have very little to complain about. Usually we see launch prices around $799 USD but at $599 USD per card, it's more on the affordable side of expensive - if that makes sense.
While it tears us apart to not recommend these cards to everyone, you would be doing nothing but wasting your money if you have a monitor that can handle only 1024 x 768 as these cards just aren't designed for that. The next generation graphics cards require next generation monitors and with that said to get the maximum use of these cards you want to be looking at an absolute minimum resolution of 1280 x 1024 with quality settings turned up. People running widescreen LCDs supporting 1920 x 1200 are going to be looking at cards like this because with AA and AF being able to be increased with such ease, they are really going to be getting the absolute best gaming experience.
With all this said, we give the GeForce 7800 GTX our seal of approval but right now only for single card setup because as much as we love SLI (and we do love SLI) we just feel that unless you're pumping out uber high resolutions with super high quality settings, you just aren't going to get full use of 7800 GTX in SLI - at least not until next generation games come out which push the GPU harder than current games on the market.
nVidia has done an excellent job with the G70 and while the people who are sitting on the fence continue to say, "I'm going to wait for ATI's R520...", you can know that for those people who have purchased GeForce 7800 GTX are going to be getting the best PC gaming experience for the next two months at least.
Let's wait and see what ATI can come up with in response to the green team's superb efforts later in the year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark Series]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- GeForce 7800 GTX Performance - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080