Normally the release of a new high-end graphics cards brings us samples from both nVidia and ATI. This time around nVidia are having a party and no one else seems to want to join in with them. ATI are still at least a couple months away from releasing the R520 and Crossfire so in the mean time nVidia decided to step up the heat with the release of the GeForce 7800 GTX, formerly known as G70.
Rumors of what the 7800 GTX was going to be has been floating around for a long time, some turned out true while others turned out not so true. Today in part one of our G70 article we will be taking a close look at the GPU and then in part two on Friday we'll provide full performance comparison since our sample cards from nVidia arrived later than expected.
While some of you may feel like jumping straight to the benchmarking we don't have that luxury as we do have to have a closer look at the 7800 GTX and what some of nVidia's partners have already told us about their plans for the G70. As we said, on Friday we'll have part two online with our benchmarks.
Editor's Note - We've decided against talking about the complex new graphics engines in the G70 since it is beyond most our readers and the job is done better by other websites which are dedicated to graphics...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Scientists begin tinkering on 'deleting' your unwanted memories
- AMD's Polaris GPU should arrive as 232mm2 sized die
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives