Normally the release of a new high-end graphics cards brings us samples from both nVidia and ATI. This time around nVidia are having a party and no one else seems to want to join in with them. ATI are still at least a couple months away from releasing the R520 and Crossfire so in the mean time nVidia decided to step up the heat with the release of the GeForce 7800 GTX, formerly known as G70.
Rumors of what the 7800 GTX was going to be has been floating around for a long time, some turned out true while others turned out not so true. Today in part one of our G70 article we will be taking a close look at the GPU and then in part two on Friday we'll provide full performance comparison since our sample cards from nVidia arrived later than expected.
While some of you may feel like jumping straight to the benchmarking we don't have that luxury as we do have to have a closer look at the 7800 GTX and what some of nVidia's partners have already told us about their plans for the G70. As we said, on Friday we'll have part two online with our benchmarks.
Editor's Note - We've decided against talking about the complex new graphics engines in the G70 since it is beyond most our readers and the job is done better by other websites which are dedicated to graphics...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood