- GN-BC01 (Desktop Router)
The GN-BC-01 is without a doubt a revolutionary router from Gigabyte. Not only does it turn your modem into a fully NAT ready router, it also allows you to take a wireless access point along with you to a LAN party without the extra hassle of additional network cables and power adapters. Having the router inside the PC and placing an antenna on top of the case, it reduces the clutter.
The main problem here is that the system doesn't support the Super G standards yet or 802.11a, which would boost the overall sales potential of the unit, however, as a first strike unit, it's the best and only one available at the moment.
Overall the unit was more then simple to setup, its functionality was just the same as a dedicated external router with all the same functions.
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
- GN-A17GU (Wireless Access Point)
The GN-A17GU is by far the most advanced access point available. There are very few units out on the market that support the option of Wireless A/B/G support, and none that have all three with the Turbo/Super G option to boost the transmission rates to 108mbps. Using the Super/Turbo-G setup does require a Wireless card that supports these protocols, however, there are cards from Gigabyte, Linksys, D-Link and quite a few others now that have this support.
Overall the GN-A17GU was very simple to setup and with its upgradeability we were very pleased.
Rating - 9 out of 10
- GN-LC05 (Gigabit Ethernet Adapter)
While being the first Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet NIC on the market, there were no fancy bells and whistles to get us fully excited about, however, it was more than nice to see PCI Express being used for what it was intended.
This unit would make a great add-on for some of the earlier PCI Express boards that used the PCI bus based Gigabit Ethernet chips to make them cheaper or VIA K8T890 boards that don't come with any Gigabit Ethernet option.
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Wireless Networking Equipment - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Wireless Networking Equipment - Page 2 [GN-BC01 (Desktop Router)]
- Gigabyte Wireless Networking Equipment - Page 3 [GN-A17GU (Wireless Access Point)]
- Gigabyte Wireless Networking Equipment - Page 4 [GN-LC05 (Gigabit Ethernet Adapter)]
- Gigabyte Wireless Networking Equipment - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games