MSI's engineers were hard at work in the lead up to Computex 2005, as MSI's booth contained a number of innovative products in addition to the usual slather of motherboards and VGA cards displayed by most manufacturers.
Like ASUS and Gigabyte, MSI had a dual core 6800 Ultra card on display, but MSI went a step further and stocked its card up with 1GB of DDR3 memory. This is the first 1GB graphics card we've seen, but the need for such a large amount of memory is questionable given that the performance benefits from even are 512MB card are few and far between.
Yet even more innovative was the MSI RX800 card that supports both AGP and PCI-Express. This is handy if you're looking at upgrading your graphics card now, but don't yet have a PCI-Express supporting motherboard and don't want the card to go to waste once you do.
You may have heard of MSI's CoreCell software that comes bundled with many of the company's motherboards. Now MSI has created a version for VGA cards, which enables users to perform a number of handy tasks such as overclocking, adjusting the GPU voltage and monitoring temperatures. Unfortunately this software will only work with MSI's newer cards as they've been fitted with temperature sensors.
Finally, MSI had a couple of new SFF PCs to show us - the MEGA PC 915 and the MEGA mPC 800K. The former is Intel P4-based while the latter is Athlon 64-based. Both offer a host of multimedia features, but we liked the mPC 800K the most.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20