MSI's engineers were hard at work in the lead up to Computex 2005, as MSI's booth contained a number of innovative products in addition to the usual slather of motherboards and VGA cards displayed by most manufacturers.
Like ASUS and Gigabyte, MSI had a dual core 6800 Ultra card on display, but MSI went a step further and stocked its card up with 1GB of DDR3 memory. This is the first 1GB graphics card we've seen, but the need for such a large amount of memory is questionable given that the performance benefits from even are 512MB card are few and far between.
Yet even more innovative was the MSI RX800 card that supports both AGP and PCI-Express. This is handy if you're looking at upgrading your graphics card now, but don't yet have a PCI-Express supporting motherboard and don't want the card to go to waste once you do.
You may have heard of MSI's CoreCell software that comes bundled with many of the company's motherboards. Now MSI has created a version for VGA cards, which enables users to perform a number of handy tasks such as overclocking, adjusting the GPU voltage and monitoring temperatures. Unfortunately this software will only work with MSI's newer cards as they've been fitted with temperature sensors.
Finally, MSI had a couple of new SFF PCs to show us - the MEGA PC 915 and the MEGA mPC 800K. The former is Intel P4-based while the latter is Athlon 64-based. Both offer a host of multimedia features, but we liked the mPC 800K the most.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance