Kingmax made a relatively conservative showing at this year's Computex, displaying little that we haven't seen before. In contrast, Corsair (featured in our Day 2 coverage) were showing off 1GHz DDR2 modules. However, Kingmax's Lawrence Chang (VP Sales & Marketing of Kingmax Semiconductor) told us that the reason for Kingmax deciding against 1GHz modules was the fact that the supply of chips that can perform at such a high speed is sparse, and thus it would be impossible for any manufacturer to ship these in high volumes any time soon.
Kingmax did have a 1GB DDR2-800 module on display though, which could scale to 1GHz in the hands of a skilled overclocker.
Driven by the release of Intel's latest Sonoma specification, DDR2 modules for notebooks are popping up all over the place. Kingmax was displaying a 1GB DDR2-667 stick, which would be ideal for mobile gamers who require maximum capacity and speeds.
Not to be left out, regular DDR made a solid showing at the Kingmax booth, but enthusiasts will be most interested in its 'Hard-Core" product. This is rated at a speed of DDR500 with a CAS latency of 3 and a core voltage of 2.7V.
Also of interest is their new colored DDR400 module, which is rated at a CAS latency of 2.5.
Finally, Kingmax was also showing a range of CF, SD, MMC and MicroSD cards. The most interesting of these was the 8GB CF card, which is the highest capacity Compact Flash stick we've seen at the show so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015