Kingmax made a relatively conservative showing at this year's Computex, displaying little that we haven't seen before. In contrast, Corsair (featured in our Day 2 coverage) were showing off 1GHz DDR2 modules. However, Kingmax's Lawrence Chang (VP Sales & Marketing of Kingmax Semiconductor) told us that the reason for Kingmax deciding against 1GHz modules was the fact that the supply of chips that can perform at such a high speed is sparse, and thus it would be impossible for any manufacturer to ship these in high volumes any time soon.
Kingmax did have a 1GB DDR2-800 module on display though, which could scale to 1GHz in the hands of a skilled overclocker.
Driven by the release of Intel's latest Sonoma specification, DDR2 modules for notebooks are popping up all over the place. Kingmax was displaying a 1GB DDR2-667 stick, which would be ideal for mobile gamers who require maximum capacity and speeds.
Not to be left out, regular DDR made a solid showing at the Kingmax booth, but enthusiasts will be most interested in its 'Hard-Core" product. This is rated at a speed of DDR500 with a CAS latency of 3 and a core voltage of 2.7V.
Also of interest is their new colored DDR400 module, which is rated at a CAS latency of 2.5.
Finally, Kingmax was also showing a range of CF, SD, MMC and MicroSD cards. The most interesting of these was the 8GB CF card, which is the highest capacity Compact Flash stick we've seen at the show so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015