Kingmax made a relatively conservative showing at this year's Computex, displaying little that we haven't seen before. In contrast, Corsair (featured in our Day 2 coverage) were showing off 1GHz DDR2 modules. However, Kingmax's Lawrence Chang (VP Sales & Marketing of Kingmax Semiconductor) told us that the reason for Kingmax deciding against 1GHz modules was the fact that the supply of chips that can perform at such a high speed is sparse, and thus it would be impossible for any manufacturer to ship these in high volumes any time soon.
Kingmax did have a 1GB DDR2-800 module on display though, which could scale to 1GHz in the hands of a skilled overclocker.
Driven by the release of Intel's latest Sonoma specification, DDR2 modules for notebooks are popping up all over the place. Kingmax was displaying a 1GB DDR2-667 stick, which would be ideal for mobile gamers who require maximum capacity and speeds.
Not to be left out, regular DDR made a solid showing at the Kingmax booth, but enthusiasts will be most interested in its 'Hard-Core" product. This is rated at a speed of DDR500 with a CAS latency of 3 and a core voltage of 2.7V.
Also of interest is their new colored DDR400 module, which is rated at a CAS latency of 2.5.
Finally, Kingmax was also showing a range of CF, SD, MMC and MicroSD cards. The most interesting of these was the 8GB CF card, which is the highest capacity Compact Flash stick we've seen at the show so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED