Corsair continues its dominance of the enthusiast memory market, announcing its 1GHz DDR2 module kit - the XMS2-8000UL. Corsair will be the first memory manufacturer to ship these modules, further removing memory as a bottleneck whilst overclocking.
Further, Corsair says that these modules will run at timings of 5-4-4-9, which is very decent for DDR2, especially when running at 500MHz. The XMS2-8000UL uses Corsair's patented LED display, which sits on the top of the modules and displays handy information such as the frequency, timings, or even a custom message.
Corsair also showed us its already released XMS2-5400UL module kit (rated to reach 1GHz but this isn't the native speed (unlike the XMS2-8000UL), as well as its 9MB/sec Secure Digital card and 12MB/sec Compact Flash card. The SD and CF cards range in capacity from 256MB to 1GB.
That wraps up Day 2 and being Wednesday its Ladies Night in Taipei so we're off to enjoy the night life - cheers!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood