ASUS had a number of interesting products on display, so many in fact that we couldn't even come close to covering them all.
ASUS has decided not to take sides over the SLI/Crossfire debate, and has motherboard solutions for both platforms. The first image below is of a Crossfire demo system, powered by ASUS' new P5RD2-MVP Deluxe (ATI X200) motherboard. The second image is of the P5ND2-SLI Deluxe board, which is based on the nForce 4 chipset and supports DDR2-800.
There were also two AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) supporting boards on display, namely the A8N-SLI (nForce 4) and the A8V-E SE (VIA K8T800 Pro).
In yesterday's coverage we saw Gigabyte's dual-core VGA card (the 3D1), and today ASUS was displaying a similar solution, the EN6800ULTRA DUAL/2DT/512M (what a mouthful!). This would have to be the largest VGA card we've ever laid eyes on, but its dual 6800 Ultra cores and 1.6ns 512MB DDR3 memory should ensure superb performance. Make sure you've got a decent PSU though, as this baby consumes a minimum of 230W.
The digital home continues to be a prevalent theme of Computex 2005, and ASUS had numerous interested home theatre-related products. The first is the EAX700, which as you can see in the image is a wireless TV-out solution. This has been a long time coming and will definitely be attractive to those that are after a clean, wire-free home theatre setup. The ASUS WiFi TV Card is a more feature-rich version of the EAX700, and features a TV tuner, FM radio, and 802.11a/b/g support.
Next is ASUS' new S-Presso SFF PC, based around the cool and quiet Pentium M platform. We don't have much information on this yet, but we suspect that the low-noise operation will be extremely attractive to those that are looking for a lounge room PC.
ASUS even have a new home entertainment notebook, dubbed the W2V. It includes an analog/digital TV tuner, a Radeon X700 graphics chip and ASUS' Mobile Theatre software.
Finally, ASUS is introducing a new Pocket PC smart phone called the P505. It is based around the Windows Mobile OS, is tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 and features a 1.3 mega pixel digital camera, 2.8" touch screen and an Intel PXA270 processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog