ASUS had a number of interesting products on display, so many in fact that we couldn't even come close to covering them all.
ASUS has decided not to take sides over the SLI/Crossfire debate, and has motherboard solutions for both platforms. The first image below is of a Crossfire demo system, powered by ASUS' new P5RD2-MVP Deluxe (ATI X200) motherboard. The second image is of the P5ND2-SLI Deluxe board, which is based on the nForce 4 chipset and supports DDR2-800.
There were also two AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) supporting boards on display, namely the A8N-SLI (nForce 4) and the A8V-E SE (VIA K8T800 Pro).
In yesterday's coverage we saw Gigabyte's dual-core VGA card (the 3D1), and today ASUS was displaying a similar solution, the EN6800ULTRA DUAL/2DT/512M (what a mouthful!). This would have to be the largest VGA card we've ever laid eyes on, but its dual 6800 Ultra cores and 1.6ns 512MB DDR3 memory should ensure superb performance. Make sure you've got a decent PSU though, as this baby consumes a minimum of 230W.
The digital home continues to be a prevalent theme of Computex 2005, and ASUS had numerous interested home theatre-related products. The first is the EAX700, which as you can see in the image is a wireless TV-out solution. This has been a long time coming and will definitely be attractive to those that are after a clean, wire-free home theatre setup. The ASUS WiFi TV Card is a more feature-rich version of the EAX700, and features a TV tuner, FM radio, and 802.11a/b/g support.
Next is ASUS' new S-Presso SFF PC, based around the cool and quiet Pentium M platform. We don't have much information on this yet, but we suspect that the low-noise operation will be extremely attractive to those that are looking for a lounge room PC.
ASUS even have a new home entertainment notebook, dubbed the W2V. It includes an analog/digital TV tuner, a Radeon X700 graphics chip and ASUS' Mobile Theatre software.
Finally, ASUS is introducing a new Pocket PC smart phone called the P505. It is based around the Windows Mobile OS, is tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 and features a 1.3 mega pixel digital camera, 2.8" touch screen and an Intel PXA270 processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20