In conclusion we can clearly say that in terms of performance there is really no difference between the latest Catalyst drivers and the previous set but does this mean they are not worth the upgrade...absolutely not. There is a bucket load of fixes in the latest sets of drivers which would warrant the upgrade in itself and we are a tweaking site, so we need to remember not everything is about performance every time.
While we don't really see anything in the performance department it doesn't mean it's not worth the upgrade, although with that said if you are currently not having any issues with the 5.4s then it's probably not worth your time upgrading unless you are the type of user who must have the latest software on your system.
As we said in the introduction, we're starting to receive the new Catalyst driver information from ATI later and later in each month. It will be interesting to see when next month's 5.6 drivers make it our way. We will see if they follow beginning of the month release like previously or if they will start dragging out later in the month like this particular set.
Until next time Happy Benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines