Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro 2 (Supplied by BFG Tech)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon X850XT AGP (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Geil PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by Geil)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 200GB 7,200 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
While we have moved to an AGP system this time around we are still using the high-end Radeon X850XT.
We will be running the usual array of benchmarks so let's not delay it any longer and have a look at what kind of performance increase we are going to get with the latest batch of Catalyst drivers.
If you have a look at the release notes provided ATI haven't commented on performance increase with this driver release which makes us tend to think it is more of a fixing driver.
Let's have a look at the benchmarks.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 330 SE
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Here we see only a small difference in performance between the two sets of Catalyst drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design