Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro 2 (Supplied by BFG Tech)
Video card(s): GeCube Radeon X850XT AGP (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Geil PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by Geil)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 200GB 7,200 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
While we have moved to an AGP system this time around we are still using the high-end Radeon X850XT.
We will be running the usual array of benchmarks so let's not delay it any longer and have a look at what kind of performance increase we are going to get with the latest batch of Catalyst drivers.
If you have a look at the release notes provided ATI haven't commented on performance increase with this driver release which makes us tend to think it is more of a fixing driver.
Let's have a look at the benchmarks.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 330 SE
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Here we see only a small difference in performance between the two sets of Catalyst drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.5 Performance - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller