Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 EE 3.46GHz (1066 FSB)
Graphics Card: 2 X nVidia 6800GT PCI E reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Corsair DDR-2 PC5400UL (Supplied by Corsair Micro)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 71.84, DX9c and nVidia Unified 7.02
We are going to be running three sets of tests on the setup we have here today, the new nForce 4 running in SLI utilizing two nVidia 6800GT cards, then a set of tests with only one graphics card so it can be compared evenly against our Intel 925XE motherboard.
For comparison we are going to be using the ASUS P5AD2 motherboard which has put nVidia already in a tough position as the nVidia board is reference whereas the 925XE board is a full retail model with mature drivers. This isn't the only problem for nVidia as not only is the motherboard a full retail model but the best 925XE board available on the market when it comes to performance.
We think that you will be surprised with the results the nForce 4 Intel Edition achieves and it is worth remembering that we are comparing a reference board with wires hand soldered against a full retail 925XE board, this is something we can't stress enough.
When we first got the reference motherboard from nVidia we didn't even think about testing the overclocking ability because it was a reference and running off past experiences we didn't expect too much. We thought being nVidia though we would go and try and take it for a little spin and see what we could do with it.
To our surprise we didn't do too badly - we didn't put a lot of time and effort into it but putting half an hour a side we got up to 3.8GHz or 292.5MHz FSB up from the standard 266MHz. We were hoping to get up to 300MHz but with time being a key factor we didn't get a chance plus we want something to do when we get a full retail board or two.
We have run a few tests with these overclocked settings in SLI mode to give you an idea on performance when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 2 [Technical Specifications]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 3 [Summary of the Chipset]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 4 [New Memory Technology]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 5 [New Memory Technology Continued]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2005]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - USB and HDD Performance]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- Bungie makes Destiny 2 official with an artwork tease
- HTC Vive partners with WB for Ready Player One
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse