What the nForce 4 Intel Edition is capable of is unreal and once we start to get our hands on some retail boards we think that our faith in the latest chipset from nVidia is just going to grow larger and larger. The nForce 4 brings so much to the Intel market and its what loyal Intel users have been complaining about for ages - fortunately we now have SLI, hardware firewall, excellent hard drive management, what would probably be the most advanced memory controller on the market, support for all new Pentium 4 processors including Dual Core and so much more.
Looking from the performance side of things the nForce 4 performs extremely close to the 925XE with it just falling short in a lot of tests and that's when we placed the nForce 4 Intel Edition not only up against a full retail version of the 925XE but what we feel is the fastest 925XE motherboard available so nVidia really were going into a strong battle.
With all the new technology that nVidia have implemented into their memory controller, we found that it was slightly slower then the 925XE setup but without comparing the nForce 4 Intel Edition to another reference it's hard to say that it isn't an overall faster controller. Memory performance is something we will have a closer look at when we get our hands on a retail version of the nForce 4 Intel Edition as well as if we'll have more joy overclocking memory on the nVidia platform over the Intel chipset - which we suspect we might.
We do have to agree with what a lot of other people's thoughts about the SLI nForce 4 Intel solution - if you're building a rig for a pure gaming experience then you are better off looking at an AMD solution, a similar priced system is going to find yourself with a fast DFI SLI system and an Athlon FX-53+ to go with it. If gaming isn't your top priority though and multi tasking is something your system is constantly doing then you're going to want to stay with the Pentium 4 platform utilizing Hyper Threading. If gaming is also important along with Windows tasks and you have some dollars to spend then you might go for the nVidia Intel solution because no matter what two graphics cards are going to always perform better with the worst case scenario it performing extremely similar in some games compared to the nVidia AMD platform.
The NF4 IE is going to be the "in" chipset we feel for enthusiast users if overclocking is up to par on retail boards and if the majors like Gigabyte, ASUS and MSI work their usual magic we should be seeing some great performing Intel systems climbing the old Futuremark ranks in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 2 [Technical Specifications]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 3 [Summary of the Chipset]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 4 [New Memory Technology]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 5 [New Memory Technology Continued]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2005]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - USB and HDD Performance]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni