Overclocking with iTURBO
Overclocking both these graphics cards is made easy (and safe) with HIS iTURBO. The piece of software is something we first saw back late last year when HIS sent us their X700 PRO which was capable of reaching X700XT speeds while providing the piece of mind of not loosing your warranty. HIS iTURBO is back again in our labs with the X800XL and X850XT. So what is iTURBO exactly? It is a simple piece of Windows software which allows you to overclock the core and memory within Windows and on-the-fly (no rebooting required). You are also able to monitor temperatures and fan speeds and also adjust fan speed.
With one click of the iTURBO button, the graphics card is overclocked to a pre-determined speed by HIS. For the HIS X850XT, the default clock speeds are 520MHz on the core and 1080MHz on the memory. The overclocked iTURBO speeds are 540MHz on the core and 1180MHz on the memory. For anyone who follows new chips, these speeds match the performance of the more expensive X850XT PE. For the HIS X800XL, the default clock speeds are 400MHz on the core and 980MHz on the memory. The overclocked iTURBO speeds are 432MHz on the core and 1000MHz on the memory.
The HIS X850XT probably receives the most beneficial clock speed increase with 100MHz extra on the memory but the X800XL receives a higher clock speed increase by 13MHz on the core. The reason the X800XL only receives a 20MHz speed increase on the memory is due to the fact that the X800XL uses cheaper (and hence less overclockable) memory than the X850XT.
The thing to remember here is that when you overclock via iTURBO, you aren't voiding your warranty like you would manually overclocking another brand. HIS are one of the first to push this type of thing and we'd love to see more companies follow and provide similar features so users can get more for their buck. On the next few pages we'll provide performance comparisons of the cards at their stock speeds and overclocked speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 2 [The Package and The Cards]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 3 [Overclocking with iTURBO]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark Series]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 8 [Benchmarks - iTURBO Overclocking Results]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance