Well there you have it, the facts speak for themselves. Both companies put out a fantastic drive, both capable of maintaining high speed recording as well as supporting higher speeds when 16x DVD recordable media hits, today, only 8x are available, and both the ASUS and the Gigabyte drives work 100% with them.
ASUS held the upper hand with 4/5 wins, though only by a few seconds in most, it was able to keep well ahead of the Gigabyte in Dual Layer burning, so if Dual Layer is your thing, this drive is currently the cream of the crop.
Gigabyte on the other hand holds the crown for aesthetics, with an interchangeable face plate for black or white cases, it sure makes colour coding a bit easier, if looks are your thing, Gigabyte takes the win.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20