Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 560 (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID 0
Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2-E Premium (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
For our tests we recorded onto each type of media to determine which drive over a series of three tests was the fastest. We did three runs and averaged out the results. We used 4.3GB movie images from one of my 4x4 club trips to do our single layer and doubled the movie for the Dual Layer tests to fill the disks to capacity.
Here in all tests the drives are pretty well evenly matched, however, in the Dual Layer tests, ASUS pulled ahead. When testing we found that the ASUS drive was able to overspeed the Dual Layer disks better than the Gigabyte drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines