Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 560 (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID 0
Motherboard: ASUS P5AD2-E Premium (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS Australia)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
For our tests we recorded onto each type of media to determine which drive over a series of three tests was the fastest. We did three runs and averaged out the results. We used 4.3GB movie images from one of my 4x4 club trips to do our single layer and doubled the movie for the Dual Layer tests to fill the disks to capacity.
Here in all tests the drives are pretty well evenly matched, however, in the Dual Layer tests, ASUS pulled ahead. When testing we found that the ASUS drive was able to overspeed the Dual Layer disks better than the Gigabyte drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now