Corsair PC-5400 XM2 Pro Series
The next Dual Channel kit comes from Corsair and is part of their XMS2 Pro series. Corsair introduced their somewhat popular Pro series some time ago now with the feature of activity lights on top of the modules which let you know when the memory is being accessed. The modules look and feel pretty good and are a class above most other sticks on the market.
While the activity lights are a funky idea, it is questionable if you really need them on your modules. Sure, some people will like the extra flashy lights inside their case and these will be the people who can afford or will justify spending the extra money to have these modules.
One thing to keep in mind that with the LED's comes additionally height to the memory and while we had no problem fitting the memory into Small Form Factor systems it does make the job harder since there is less room to work with since the Corsair Pro memory is about 1cm higher than typical memory.
The packaging is actually exactly the same as what OCZ use in every little detail. From what we can see, you can choose from a 1GB Dual Channel kit (Corsair calls it TwinX) or a single 512MB module individually. As we expected, this Corsair DDR-2 is more expensive than the OCZ DDR-2 coming in at around $305 US at Digitally Unique (at the time of writing) which is around $70 US more expensive than the OCZ memory. Considering you are already spending quite a big chunk for this enthusiast memory, the jump is fairly high.
The Corsair XM2 Pro series PC-5400 memory comes with tight timings of 4-4-4-12 which the OCZ modules were originally rated. The default voltage of these modules is 1.9V but unlike the OCZ memory, Corsair doesn't provide any warranty protection above this speed. We were able to run the Corsair memory at 2.2V like the OCZ memory but it was evident that it wasn't as confident running at this speed as you will see later on when we discuss overclocking and just how much we can get out of these modules.
Let's move onto the last module and then get onto overclocking of the modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 2 [Background]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 3 [OCZ Performance Series]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 4 [Corsair XMS Pro]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 5 [Kingston HyperX]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark Series]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Series]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - MP3 Encoding]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- DDR-2 PC-5400 Shootout - Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience