Just ask any real webmaster that runs any real tech website, they will agree with most of the things I have commented on in this article. While I'm only 17 and still attend my final year of high school, the management of most regular size tech websites don't really differ that much from someone who runs their tech website full time as a job and source of income, they just get more time to spend updating and so on, that latter being much more preferable. Everything mentioned in this article is exactly as it happens, I hope it has given you an understanding on the good and bad points of running your own tech website. So you may be wanting advice on starting your own tech website? don't do it just because of the money and free hardware. You need to do it because you want to do it, you won't do well if you don't want to do it and will probably fail and find your website not getting much traffic, just like all things in life. Also remember there are a LOT of tech websites around the world, if you start another one, it's going to be hard to generate traffic and obtain regular visitors, let alone get a good name for yourself. Also remember that you do not necessarily have to be a "geek" or "nerd" to run a tech website and never leave your house because you are so tired up with your site, even if I made it sound that way throughout this article. I usually go out Saturday nights to party with friends, I even play tennis Saturday afternoons . Although, some nights I have been forced to stay home to complete crucial new content for TweakTown, it's something you have to deal with...you've heard it before, "take the good with the bad." I hoped you enjoyed this quick insight to running your own tech website, feel free to comment in the forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines