The other week we had a look at the performance that was on offer from the GeForce 6800 Ultra's in SLI. As we mentioned we were gong to have a look at the lower end of the spectrum with that being the 6600 GT and see exactly what was on offer from a cheaper card.
In fact, the total cost of a pair of typical 6600GT's is a tad over $400 US while a single 6800 Ultra will cost you a little under $700 US and the lower clocked 6800GT will sting you a little over $500 US. It will be interesting to see what type of performance is on offer from the cheaper alternative in our set of benchmarks.
We won't be looking at what SLI is or how it works due to the fact that we covered this quite deeply in our 6800 Ultra article entitled "nVidia SLI Technology - Introduction and 6800 Ultra Performance". You may be better off reading that article before you continue reading this one.
While the general word around is that a SLI 6600GT setup isn't as good value as buying a 6800GT, if the thought of multiple graphics card in a single system and seeing four DVI ports on the back of your system when you turn it around excites you, then read on.
The 6600GT is currently the entry level card for people wanting to enter the SLI market so let's see if it's worth spending your hard earned dollars on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20