The other week we had a look at the performance that was on offer from the GeForce 6800 Ultra's in SLI. As we mentioned we were gong to have a look at the lower end of the spectrum with that being the 6600 GT and see exactly what was on offer from a cheaper card.
In fact, the total cost of a pair of typical 6600GT's is a tad over $400 US while a single 6800 Ultra will cost you a little under $700 US and the lower clocked 6800GT will sting you a little over $500 US. It will be interesting to see what type of performance is on offer from the cheaper alternative in our set of benchmarks.
We won't be looking at what SLI is or how it works due to the fact that we covered this quite deeply in our 6800 Ultra article entitled "nVidia SLI Technology - Introduction and 6800 Ultra Performance". You may be better off reading that article before you continue reading this one.
While the general word around is that a SLI 6600GT setup isn't as good value as buying a 6800GT, if the thought of multiple graphics card in a single system and seeing four DVI ports on the back of your system when you turn it around excites you, then read on.
The 6600GT is currently the entry level card for people wanting to enter the SLI market so let's see if it's worth spending your hard earned dollars on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now