The other week we had a look at the performance that was on offer from the GeForce 6800 Ultra's in SLI. As we mentioned we were gong to have a look at the lower end of the spectrum with that being the 6600 GT and see exactly what was on offer from a cheaper card.
In fact, the total cost of a pair of typical 6600GT's is a tad over $400 US while a single 6800 Ultra will cost you a little under $700 US and the lower clocked 6800GT will sting you a little over $500 US. It will be interesting to see what type of performance is on offer from the cheaper alternative in our set of benchmarks.
We won't be looking at what SLI is or how it works due to the fact that we covered this quite deeply in our 6800 Ultra article entitled "nVidia SLI Technology - Introduction and 6800 Ultra Performance". You may be better off reading that article before you continue reading this one.
While the general word around is that a SLI 6600GT setup isn't as good value as buying a 6800GT, if the thought of multiple graphics card in a single system and seeing four DVI ports on the back of your system when you turn it around excites you, then read on.
The 6600GT is currently the entry level card for people wanting to enter the SLI market so let's see if it's worth spending your hard earned dollars on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance