The other week we had a look at the performance that was on offer from the GeForce 6800 Ultra's in SLI. As we mentioned we were gong to have a look at the lower end of the spectrum with that being the 6600 GT and see exactly what was on offer from a cheaper card.
In fact, the total cost of a pair of typical 6600GT's is a tad over $400 US while a single 6800 Ultra will cost you a little under $700 US and the lower clocked 6800GT will sting you a little over $500 US. It will be interesting to see what type of performance is on offer from the cheaper alternative in our set of benchmarks.
We won't be looking at what SLI is or how it works due to the fact that we covered this quite deeply in our 6800 Ultra article entitled "nVidia SLI Technology - Introduction and 6800 Ultra Performance". You may be better off reading that article before you continue reading this one.
While the general word around is that a SLI 6600GT setup isn't as good value as buying a 6800GT, if the thought of multiple graphics card in a single system and seeing four DVI ports on the back of your system when you turn it around excites you, then read on.
The 6600GT is currently the entry level card for people wanting to enter the SLI market so let's see if it's worth spending your hard earned dollars on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis