After all is said and done, TurboCache definitely doesn't live up to its name. Designed as a replacement for the Intel I915G graphics core, its power over this chip is somewhat better, however, the price to add this card to a simple office system would be too great to warrant the use of this card, as the Intel GMA900 is simply able to cope quite easily with these tasks.
Where this chip would come in handy would be built into the nVidia NF4 or NF5 chip as a graphics competition to the Intel GMA900, as the performance of its DX9 engine as well as all the features that the GeForce 6 series brings would make this chipset a much more attractive option for OEM and budget systems.
With the price of the 6200 with a dedicated 128MB of GDDR memory running at a 128-bit bus and much higher bandwidth being quite competitive, it's hard to justify the use of the TurboCache model. On the other hand though, our stats through our shopping comparison website show the 6200 Turbo Cache being around 40% cheaper than the 6200 with dedicated memory which may prove as a better option for some users.
Cheaper than 6200 with dedicated memory
GeForce 6 Architecture
Limited onboard memory
Uses system memory for frame buffer
No compression technology to increase the performance of the DRAM
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 2 [The Architecture]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 3 [The Card]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent