After all is said and done, TurboCache definitely doesn't live up to its name. Designed as a replacement for the Intel I915G graphics core, its power over this chip is somewhat better, however, the price to add this card to a simple office system would be too great to warrant the use of this card, as the Intel GMA900 is simply able to cope quite easily with these tasks.
Where this chip would come in handy would be built into the nVidia NF4 or NF5 chip as a graphics competition to the Intel GMA900, as the performance of its DX9 engine as well as all the features that the GeForce 6 series brings would make this chipset a much more attractive option for OEM and budget systems.
With the price of the 6200 with a dedicated 128MB of GDDR memory running at a 128-bit bus and much higher bandwidth being quite competitive, it's hard to justify the use of the TurboCache model. On the other hand though, our stats through our shopping comparison website show the 6200 Turbo Cache being around 40% cheaper than the 6200 with dedicated memory which may prove as a better option for some users.
Cheaper than 6200 with dedicated memory
GeForce 6 Architecture
Limited onboard memory
Uses system memory for frame buffer
No compression technology to increase the performance of the DRAM
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 2 [The Architecture]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 3 [The Card]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league