After all is said and done, TurboCache definitely doesn't live up to its name. Designed as a replacement for the Intel I915G graphics core, its power over this chip is somewhat better, however, the price to add this card to a simple office system would be too great to warrant the use of this card, as the Intel GMA900 is simply able to cope quite easily with these tasks.
Where this chip would come in handy would be built into the nVidia NF4 or NF5 chip as a graphics competition to the Intel GMA900, as the performance of its DX9 engine as well as all the features that the GeForce 6 series brings would make this chipset a much more attractive option for OEM and budget systems.
With the price of the 6200 with a dedicated 128MB of GDDR memory running at a 128-bit bus and much higher bandwidth being quite competitive, it's hard to justify the use of the TurboCache model. On the other hand though, our stats through our shopping comparison website show the 6200 Turbo Cache being around 40% cheaper than the 6200 with dedicated memory which may prove as a better option for some users.
Cheaper than 6200 with dedicated memory
GeForce 6 Architecture
Limited onboard memory
Uses system memory for frame buffer
No compression technology to increase the performance of the DRAM
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 2 [The Architecture]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 3 [The Card]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jon Rettinger: Apple is 'boring', 'stopped innovating years ago'
- Carpool Karaoke fan? Yeah, Apple signs 16 episodes for Apple Music
- Kickstart a lucrative tech career with 1000+ online courses
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games now on PC, overpriced, poorly ported
- Nintendo NX might be transforming hybrid handheld, not a console
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio