nVidia 6200 TurboCache Reference Card
The nVidia reference card is actually a lot smaller than that of the 6200 dedicated memory card, simply due to the reduced size of the die and the removal of the memory chips. One thing that was interesting was the fact that nVidia only needs to use a passive cooling solution. When testing, even under extreme 3D applications, the heatsink only became warm; leading us to hope that overclocking would be possible on this card. On the I/O panel there are no differences between the TC and dedicated card. The card by default supports a built in TV output encoder along with a HDTV support chip.
The core we received on the reference card is still in its final beta stage. The size of the die is no bigger than that of an Australia 10c coin, or a US dime. This shows just how small nVidia has been able to make this core by removing the unused components rather than just disabling the additional pixel pipelines and memory channels.
The card we received was the 32MB model - both the 16MB and 32MB versions of the TC use Samsung 2ns F-BGA GDDR memory modules. On the 32MB model there are two chips, one on the front and one of the back of the card and the 16MB model only has a single chip on the front. The 64MB models have four modules, two front and two on back but use the older TSOP-II design to save on money. The 32MB uses a 64-bit bus to connect the modules, while the 16MB only uses a 32-bit bus.
While we attempted to overclock the card, we ran into a huge amount of trouble with our reference drivers.
When Coolbits was installed, Windows would continually lock up, leading us to believe that the drivers are simply not really ready for overclocking the 6200TC but when we get a new card and drivers we will come back to this section and re-visit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 2 [The Architecture]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 3 [The Card]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 6200 TurboCache - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog