Let's hope next year is better
2015 was one of the worst years in recent history for gaming, a year filled with huge mistakes and a show of hands from developers who don't care about the PC. Some developers still care, but we can see that the consoles have hurt PC gaming as a whole. Games are broken because there's not as much time spent on polishing the PC versions of the games, but the consoles don't miss out on their fair share of broken gaming fun.
Where to from here? I expect 2016 to be filled with the same problems, especially surrounding the large games like The Division, Uncharted 4, and more. We're going to see the launch of multiple new VR headsets in the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as the PS4-powered PlayStation VR from Sony.
As for the state of gaming next year, let's hope that developers have looked at 2015 and thought "we don't want to do that". Let's hope that developers are polishing their games more, and getting them into a v1.0 state at launch, and not the current v0.5-v0.8 state that we see now, requiring huge day one patches - or in Warner Bros' case, pulling the game from sale because it was so broken.
Here's to a great year of gaming in 2016!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni