Let's hope next year is better
2015 was one of the worst years in recent history for gaming, a year filled with huge mistakes and a show of hands from developers who don't care about the PC. Some developers still care, but we can see that the consoles have hurt PC gaming as a whole. Games are broken because there's not as much time spent on polishing the PC versions of the games, but the consoles don't miss out on their fair share of broken gaming fun.
Where to from here? I expect 2016 to be filled with the same problems, especially surrounding the large games like The Division, Uncharted 4, and more. We're going to see the launch of multiple new VR headsets in the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as the PS4-powered PlayStation VR from Sony.
As for the state of gaming next year, let's hope that developers have looked at 2015 and thought "we don't want to do that". Let's hope that developers are polishing their games more, and getting them into a v1.0 state at launch, and not the current v0.5-v0.8 state that we see now, requiring huge day one patches - or in Warner Bros' case, pulling the game from sale because it was so broken.
Here's to a great year of gaming in 2016!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4