Let's hope next year is better
2015 was one of the worst years in recent history for gaming, a year filled with huge mistakes and a show of hands from developers who don't care about the PC. Some developers still care, but we can see that the consoles have hurt PC gaming as a whole. Games are broken because there's not as much time spent on polishing the PC versions of the games, but the consoles don't miss out on their fair share of broken gaming fun.
Where to from here? I expect 2016 to be filled with the same problems, especially surrounding the large games like The Division, Uncharted 4, and more. We're going to see the launch of multiple new VR headsets in the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as the PS4-powered PlayStation VR from Sony.
As for the state of gaming next year, let's hope that developers have looked at 2015 and thought "we don't want to do that". Let's hope that developers are polishing their games more, and getting them into a v1.0 state at launch, and not the current v0.5-v0.8 state that we see now, requiring huge day one patches - or in Warner Bros' case, pulling the game from sale because it was so broken.
Here's to a great year of gaming in 2016!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017