1.) Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)
Where do I even start? Batman: Arkham Knight came out flashing its hardware chops, requiring a huge 12GB of RAM on Windows 10, but things continued to slide down a very slippery slope for the last entry in the Batman Arkham trilogy. One of the bigger issues surrounding Batman: Arkham Knight, was that Warner Bros. reportedly knew about the issues on the PC 'for months' before its release - and still released it anyway.
With Batman: Arkham Knight released in June, it was quickly discovered that the PC version had a 30FPS frame rate cap, which had PC gamers up in arms. Warner Bros. pulled the plug on the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight on June 25, suspending any and all sales on the PC. It was the worst release on the PC for the year, leaving NVIDIA to have to lend a hand to try and fix up Arkham Knight on the PC, too.
After the launch, issues began popping up, and patches were deployed in what felt like every other day. One of the patches allowed Batman: Arkham Knight to be playable on the PC (which turned out to be very temporary). It wasn't long after the initial patches that multi-GPU support was completely killed in Arkham Knight, pissing off a legion of SLI and Crossfire users across the world.
But quickly after launch, Batman: Arkham Knight was completely broken on the PC... so much so that Warner Bros. admitted it couldn't fix Arkham Knight on the PC and offered game refunds. Not only that but Warner Bros. said that it would be changing its review process so that the company wouldn't experience this disaster again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand