4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
The Call of Duty franchise reached its peak with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and since then Activision has been milking it dry. The release of Black Ops 3 was surrounded with issues, as usual, with the PC version being completely FUBAR for a while. Treyarch went as far as telling gamers to mess around with the .ini file (yes, really) to get the performance up to a playable level, as the studio noted that there were "very low frame rates" on "certain [Intel Core] i5 CPUs".
On the official Black Ops 3 forums, as well as the Steam Community forums, gamers complained about a large range of issues. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 wasn't launching properly, or at all, and if it launched, they were stuck at the main menu where they couldn't select anything. Performance wise, even owners of kick-ass GPUs like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti were left hopeless, and CPU usage was maxing out at 100%, even on high-end Core i7 processors.
Activision pushed out a 520MB patch for Black Ops 3, which was aimed at providing performance improvements. The patch promised "bug fixes and performance issues", and has so far helped. Even though the game made $550 million in the first 72 hours, these sorts of issues shouldn't be happening with a game of this magnitude.
In one of my news posts, I said: "Get your crap together already - this should also apply to all other game developers. It's 2015; these issues shouldn't be happening on launch" and this entire article is an extension of this opinion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now