This is a list that I've compiled over the news I've written over 2015 and all of the issues with game launches, as well as some reader feedback from our Facebook page. I asked you guys what were the biggest gaming failures of 2015, and the games you replied with were mostly in my list - but there were a few I missed. So let's kick it off.
5.) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)
If we remember back to 2014, Ubisoft launched Assassin's Creed: Unity with countless issues. Ubisoft went as far as blaming AMD for the issues with Unity, and admitted the game was broken and offered free DLC. Yeah, like that helps. Fast forward to this year, one would think Ubisoft would be walking across a minefield with the impending release of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, and while the game was in better shape, it was far from perfect.
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate launched with major issues for NVIDIA SLI owners, but Ubisoft was quicker on the mark with Syndicate. Ubisoft acknowledged the issues with multi-GPU setups, with Ubisoft's Community Manager "Mr_Shade" taking to the Ubisoft forums saying: "The team are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it - it's possible that NVIDIA will release driver updates to correct this, but in the meantime - please try using just one GPU for the game so you can play if that solution works for you".
The game also launched with "100% optional" microtransactions, with Ubisoft's Francois Pelland explaining: "Assassin's Creed Syndicate will include paid options to save time and accelerate progress. The pay model allows players who do not have time to fully explore our huge game world to still be able to eventually acquire the game's most powerful gear as well as other items. Rest assured, all of AC Syndicate's content is available without paying anything additional and the game has been balanced such that microtransactions are 100% optional".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99