I said it earlier in this article, but the RTG Technology Summit 2015 felt so much like ATI 2.0, which has me incredibly excited. The early days of ATI are fond memories for me, with the ATI Radeon 9700 PRO being one of the most incredible pieces of technology at the time.
We heard a little tease of next-gen GPUs that has me incredibly excited, and I can't wait to share this with you soon. What we saw at the RTG Technology Summit was something new for AMD - a fresh direction for their GPU division, now led by the incredibly humble Raja Koduri.
Personally, I think one of the most exciting things from the RTG Technology Summit was DisplayPort 1.3, which will drive the next generation of displays. When I'm running a 3440x1440 display at 190Hz, I'm going to be out of my mind excited. It'll be incredible, and I simply can't wait.
FreeSync hitting HDMI is also exciting, as it'll allow users to enjoy AMD's FreeSync technology without needing to buy a DP-capable display.
Then we have HDR support, which is great to see AMD diving head first into. HDR will allow a totally new array of displays to be unveiled in the future, and with RTG sitting right behind it throwing support into HDR, we should see it grow very quickly. Sure, it'll be expensive at first - but all new technologies are.
AMD has positioned itself quite uniquely heading into 2016, with the Radeon Technologies Group ready to take the world on. We should see some big changes kicking off at CES 2016 in January, with it being a non-stop ride throughout the year with things like 14/16nm nodes, HBM2, and new GPU architectures.
It's a great start for RTG, and I think the momentum won't stop from what I've just seen in California.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset