I said it earlier in this article, but the RTG Technology Summit 2015 felt so much like ATI 2.0, which has me incredibly excited. The early days of ATI are fond memories for me, with the ATI Radeon 9700 PRO being one of the most incredible pieces of technology at the time.
We heard a little tease of next-gen GPUs that has me incredibly excited, and I can't wait to share this with you soon. What we saw at the RTG Technology Summit was something new for AMD - a fresh direction for their GPU division, now led by the incredibly humble Raja Koduri.
Personally, I think one of the most exciting things from the RTG Technology Summit was DisplayPort 1.3, which will drive the next generation of displays. When I'm running a 3440x1440 display at 190Hz, I'm going to be out of my mind excited. It'll be incredible, and I simply can't wait.
FreeSync hitting HDMI is also exciting, as it'll allow users to enjoy AMD's FreeSync technology without needing to buy a DP-capable display.
Then we have HDR support, which is great to see AMD diving head first into. HDR will allow a totally new array of displays to be unveiled in the future, and with RTG sitting right behind it throwing support into HDR, we should see it grow very quickly. Sure, it'll be expensive at first - but all new technologies are.
AMD has positioned itself quite uniquely heading into 2016, with the Radeon Technologies Group ready to take the world on. We should see some big changes kicking off at CES 2016 in January, with it being a non-stop ride throughout the year with things like 14/16nm nodes, HBM2, and new GPU architectures.
It's a great start for RTG, and I think the momentum won't stop from what I've just seen in California.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017