We have what could almost be classed as a perfect driver set and the perfect reason to turn around and upgrade from those old 4.x that you are running but if you're playing Half Life 2 a lot of the time we wouldn't recommend the upgrade. For some reason we constantly scored lower and it was shown with AA and AF on and off - What figures ATI?
If you're not playing Half Life 2 we would highly recommend the upgrade to the latest Catalyst drivers as we see a performance increase in all our other tests here today - real world and synthetic - and they are not just small little jumps this time around. They are performance increases which will actually result in a better gaming experience.
ATI have done a great job with the latest drivers and it would seem that everyone has come back off their Christmas holiday and got back to work quickly.
Till next time, happy benchmarking!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 & 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4