High Quality AA and AF
All tests with were ran with 6 times FSAA and 8 times Antistrophic Filtering enabled.
1024x768 was chosen as it is still the preferred playable resolution with these settings enabled.
We again see an excellent jump in performance with the latest drivers.
Again we see that we get a performance increase in IDs latest masterpiece but while 35FPS is considered playable with it being an average you would find that it would drop to the 20s making quite an unplayable experience.
It looks like AA and AF will be left off for Doom 3 players at the moment (at least with the X700).
Again we see a huge jump backwards for some reason.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 & 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications