Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 512MB OCZ LL PC3200 2-2-2-5 (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: DX9c, nVidia 71.40 and nVidia 6.11 beta chipset drivers
We will be testing the 6800 Ultra in SLI mode and in single GPU mode today. What we will be looking at which is something that we haven't seen yet is a few synthetic tests on how and if SLI affects performance of memory or CPU. We will be running the tests through our normal gaming benchmarks which include the 3DMark series as well as Half Life 2 and Doom 3. We will also have a look at what happens when we start bumping up the AA and AF and also finally our normal synthetic line up including SiSoft Sandra and PCMark.
Our Performance PC article #2 will be coming in the very near future so we will be leaving overclocking of these cards till then. For now lets have a look if you could warrant the forking out of those extra dollars for a second 6800 Ultra PCI-E.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
We can see here that SLI doesn't really give a huge jump in performance since 3DMark01 is quite CPU limited these days. We notice an increase when we start to overclock the processor but we will look at that another day.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SLI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SLI - Page 2 [What is SLI? AFR and SFR]
- SLI - Page 3 [What parts do I need?]
- SLI - Page 4 [Supported Games and Setting up an SLI system]
- SLI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark2001 SE]
- SLI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SLI - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- SLI - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- SLI - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- SLI - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- SLI - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- SLI - Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SLI - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20