Apple had much more to show off this year, with not only the announcement of the new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, but the new iPad Pro is a great step for the company. The bigger 12.9-inch display is something the company has needed for a while now, as it has been stuck at 9.7-inch since the original iPad.
Starting with the new iPhones, we have enough upgrades inside of it for it to be exciting for Apple fans. If you're using an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5S, there's enough here to upgrade for. But if you own an iPhone 6 and want to move to the 6S, I don't think there's enough to justify close to $1000 for the upgrade. The same can be said for the iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 6S Plus. Apple fans may disagree, but that's my thoughts on that.
Then we have the new iPad Pro which is competing directly against the Surface from Microsoft, but I think Apple loses out to the Surface big time. iPad Pro is still only running iOS 9 and compared to the Surface, it can't compete with Windows. Windows 10 is a big deal right now, and we haven't even seen Microsoft unveil the new Windows 10-powered Surface Pro 4 yet.
Apple Pencil is part of that, as you're still stuck writing and drawing in mobile apps because of the limitation behind iOS 9. If Apple had baked in OS X into the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, I would've been more impressed. I think the larger 12.9-inch display on the iPad Pro is going to lure customers in, but not the 'professional' side of things which really, at the end of the day, is just improved multitasking and a stylus. But, I'm sure Apple will be able to spin it well enough and sell millions - that's what they do really well.
So, there you have it. We have two new iPhones, a larger 12.9-inch iPad Pro, iOS 9, and Apple Pencil all wrapped in a nice bow for you. Will you be upgrading? Which device, and what are you upgrading from? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What Has Changed With the New iPhone?]
- Page 3 [What Has Changed With the New iPhone? Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD