At first it didn't seem like there was going to be much difference between the last set of drivers for the year from ATI and the old drivers from last month but when we got onto our final gaming benchmark we can see that ATI have really worked on increasing the performance for Half Life 2 which is a great thing as it is probably one of the most anticipated games this year and also something which ATI has invested a lot of money into to help their sales figures.
It's disappointing to see that there was no performance gain in any of our normal benchmarks. If you are running something in the 9600XT line and you're not quite happy with the performance you are getting at the moment it's worth upgrading to the latest drivers as it might let you run it a bit smoother or even upgrade to the next resolution and as you can see on page 2, a lot of fixes have been made.
If you're playing a lot of Half Life 2 at the moment we would recommend the upgrade from the 4.11 Catalyst drivers in the event that you are not really getting into Half Life 2 we would recommend you upgrade anyway as it's usually best to have the most up-to-date drivers on your system and it's not going to take you much time to do it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league