At first it didn't seem like there was going to be much difference between the last set of drivers for the year from ATI and the old drivers from last month but when we got onto our final gaming benchmark we can see that ATI have really worked on increasing the performance for Half Life 2 which is a great thing as it is probably one of the most anticipated games this year and also something which ATI has invested a lot of money into to help their sales figures.
It's disappointing to see that there was no performance gain in any of our normal benchmarks. If you are running something in the 9600XT line and you're not quite happy with the performance you are getting at the moment it's worth upgrading to the latest drivers as it might let you run it a bit smoother or even upgrade to the next resolution and as you can see on page 2, a lot of fixes have been made.
If you're playing a lot of Half Life 2 at the moment we would recommend the upgrade from the 4.11 Catalyst drivers in the event that you are not really getting into Half Life 2 we would recommend you upgrade anyway as it's usually best to have the most up-to-date drivers on your system and it's not going to take you much time to do it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG H840 spotted on GFXBench, rocks 5.3-inch QHD display, 3GB RAM
- More Xbox One exclusives are coming, says Microsoft
- MS on broken Quantum Break promises: we want to bring gamers together
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Arctic Announces the P533 Series Gaming Headsets
- Intel to Bring the Best in Gaming to the World Stage at Intel Extreme Masters
- Western Digital Board Declares Dividend For Third Quarter Of Fiscal 2016
- AMD Increases Notebook Market Traction
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR Edition Starts Selling