At first it didn't seem like there was going to be much difference between the last set of drivers for the year from ATI and the old drivers from last month but when we got onto our final gaming benchmark we can see that ATI have really worked on increasing the performance for Half Life 2 which is a great thing as it is probably one of the most anticipated games this year and also something which ATI has invested a lot of money into to help their sales figures.
It's disappointing to see that there was no performance gain in any of our normal benchmarks. If you are running something in the 9600XT line and you're not quite happy with the performance you are getting at the moment it's worth upgrading to the latest drivers as it might let you run it a bit smoother or even upgrade to the next resolution and as you can see on page 2, a lot of fixes have been made.
If you're playing a lot of Half Life 2 at the moment we would recommend the upgrade from the 4.11 Catalyst drivers in the event that you are not really getting into Half Life 2 we would recommend you upgrade anyway as it's usually best to have the most up-to-date drivers on your system and it's not going to take you much time to do it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now