Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Motherboard(s): nVidia nForce4 Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Video card(s): ATI Radeon X700PRO 256MB (Supplied by ATI)
Memory: 2 X 256MB OCZ PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
We did mention in the introduction that the test system has been slightly adjusted since our last Catalyst preview.
It is worth noting at the time of writing and benchmarking we hadn't received the document found on page 2 which explains the performance increases which means we are going into the benchmarks with no idea what was going to be improved.
Version and / or Patch Used: SE Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first synthetic test we can see that there is a very minor difference between both driver sets. The difference really does come down to the fluctuation point in the benchmarking program.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now