Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Motherboard(s): nVidia nForce4 Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Video card(s): ATI Radeon X700PRO 256MB (Supplied by ATI)
Memory: 2 X 256MB OCZ PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
We did mention in the introduction that the test system has been slightly adjusted since our last Catalyst preview.
It is worth noting at the time of writing and benchmarking we hadn't received the document found on page 2 which explains the performance increases which means we are going into the benchmarks with no idea what was going to be improved.
Version and / or Patch Used: SE Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first synthetic test we can see that there is a very minor difference between both driver sets. The difference really does come down to the fluctuation point in the benchmarking program.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives