Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Motherboard(s): nVidia nForce4 Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Video card(s): ATI Radeon X700PRO 256MB (Supplied by ATI)
Memory: 2 X 256MB OCZ PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
We did mention in the introduction that the test system has been slightly adjusted since our last Catalyst preview.
It is worth noting at the time of writing and benchmarking we hadn't received the document found on page 2 which explains the performance increases which means we are going into the benchmarks with no idea what was going to be improved.
Version and / or Patch Used: SE Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first synthetic test we can see that there is a very minor difference between both driver sets. The difference really does come down to the fluctuation point in the benchmarking program.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB