Quake 3 Arena
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.25y
Timedemo or Level Used: Timedemo 1
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake3-arena/
Quake 3 Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake 3 Arena is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instability and best performance hence the reason we are still using it today.
At the lower resolution the extremely old Quake 3 shows no difference between the cards until we bump the resolution up to 1600 X 1200 and the optimized OpenGL aspects of the 6600GT card comes out again and shows it face.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 2 [ATI X700PRO - Overview from ATI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 3 [ATI X700PRO - The Card]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 4 [nVidia 6600GT - Overview from nVidia]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 5 [nVidia 6600GT - The Card and SLI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017