nVidia and ATI for the past two years have been in a heated battle for the crown of the ultimate graphics card.
ATI certainly had this wrapped up for nearly a year with the Radeon 9xxx series VPU, as nVidia made what we like to think of as too big a jump when it released the FX series GPU. This started nVidia off on the wrong track when the GeForce FX 5800 Ultra came onto the market. Its sub-standard performance and vacuum sounding heatsink certainly turned users away from picking up one for their system. The NV30 core just didn't do it for nVidia, though some improvements were made to reduce noise, heat and increase performance but the simple fact was that the NV3x cores had a problem keeping up with the ATI Radeon based graphics cards.
nVidia has now evolved on the FX series of GPU, removing the FX name completely, a new name for a new line. There are currently three different products in the GeForce 6 series, each having one or two different core variations. The high-end is comprised of the GeForce 6800 GPU with the 6800 Ultra at the top, followed by the 6800GT, 6800 and 6800LE. The mid-level consists of the 6600 line which contains the 6600GT at the top of the list, followed by the 6600. In the entry level the latest GPU to come is the 6200, with only the 6200 core itself in this class, with a possible LE or GT version to come in the future.
Today we are taking a look at the GeForce 6200 from nVidia to see what this can bring to the table to remove the PCX5900 from the top of the entry level PC platform and also how it compares against the ATI Radeon X300.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeForce 6200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 2 [6200 in Detail]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 3 [The Card and Overclocking]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PSN Flash Sale has Valentine's day inspired deals
- Facebook Messenger to support SMS soon, rumors indicate
- Class-action suit filed against Apple over iPhone error 53
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives