It is clear that Gigabyte has put a lot more work into their latest BIOS in terms of performance tweaking. When we first tested the motherboard, performance was well below what we would have expected, in fact; it was well below that of the Intel Desktop (reference) motherboard in terms of power. Now, Gigabyte has climbed the ladder a few rungs in order to make a more performance orientated motherboard, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.
BIOS Voltage selections need to be addressed, especially in the area of CPU voltage, DRAM voltage and Northbridge voltage as they are what make or break an overclocking motherboard. Another problem is the high load on the Gigabyte motherboards. While this has improved, running a Prescott at high voltage tends to trip the over power circuit on the motherboard, which is not quite what we wanted, as other motherboards in this same class tend to pass this problem, though it has improved, it still needs a bit more work.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, reasonable overclocking potential for your Prescott or Celeron D CPU, the 8GPNXP Duo has now become one of serious thought due to a bit of solid work by Gigabyte engineers to help make it much better than it was with the original BIOS. You can feel a lot safer buying this motherboard now and if Gigabyte decides to release a new BIOS to fix some of the problems we discussed above, life will be even sweeter.
- You can download new BIOS files for your Gigabyte 8GPXNP Duo motherboard (only) here
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01