It is clear that Gigabyte has put a lot more work into their latest BIOS in terms of performance tweaking. When we first tested the motherboard, performance was well below what we would have expected, in fact; it was well below that of the Intel Desktop (reference) motherboard in terms of power. Now, Gigabyte has climbed the ladder a few rungs in order to make a more performance orientated motherboard, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.
BIOS Voltage selections need to be addressed, especially in the area of CPU voltage, DRAM voltage and Northbridge voltage as they are what make or break an overclocking motherboard. Another problem is the high load on the Gigabyte motherboards. While this has improved, running a Prescott at high voltage tends to trip the over power circuit on the motherboard, which is not quite what we wanted, as other motherboards in this same class tend to pass this problem, though it has improved, it still needs a bit more work.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, reasonable overclocking potential for your Prescott or Celeron D CPU, the 8GPNXP Duo has now become one of serious thought due to a bit of solid work by Gigabyte engineers to help make it much better than it was with the original BIOS. You can feel a lot safer buying this motherboard now and if Gigabyte decides to release a new BIOS to fix some of the problems we discussed above, life will be even sweeter.
- You can download new BIOS files for your Gigabyte 8GPXNP Duo motherboard (only) here
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse