- The Package
GeCube have used a similar box across the board for their new line of PCI Express graphics cards showing off the beautiful ATI Ruby on the front of the box. You can see at the top right of the box how much memory is included on the card as well as the fact that it is PCI Express.
The back of the box is quite basic when compared to the other cards giving you a run down on the features that the X600XT provides. You won't get too much information though the chances are if you're going into your favorite store to buy a PCI Express graphics card you do have a bit of an idea what you are after.
Apart from the DVI to VGA converter the only other cable that comes with in the package is the HDTV cable which gives you the ability to extract the picture to your TV in a more superior way - unfortunately we didn't have a HDTV to test with so we just have to take their word for it on this one.
Like the package from HIS, the GeCube package is also very healthy with a number of CDs being included. Apart from the manual we have our normal driver CD, Cyberlink's Power Director and PowerDVD as well as the popular Counter Strike: Condition Zero game which we also found in the HIS package.
- The Card
The card itself is quite nice looking and apart from the sticker on the cooler and the PCI Express slot at the bottom, it could be mistaken for a 9600XT. This cooler (with the older GeCube 9600XT) was extremely popular in the 9600XT line especially on the Extreme version as it gave superior cooling to any other 9600XT and made overclocking an absolute dream. The cooler was almost the size of a full blown 9800XT cooler which says good things.
The back of the card has a complete back plate to keep the heatsink attached evenly but also serves the purpose of cooling the memory. HIS was the only other company to offer cooling on the back of the card unlike ABIT who have simply chosen to include memory cooling on the front. GeCube have also clocked their card at a slightly higher 500MHz on the memory compared to the 475MHz on the ABIT and 478MHz on the HIS card. We will have to see how this impacts our stock run and when it comes to overclocking if GeCube can get a bit more out of their card then the competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017