- The Package
The ABIT X600XT box has a picture of an engine on the front which you would assume is used to symbolize power. Along with this we have the X600XT logo from ATI as well as other important information regarding the card inside, PCI Express, Direct X 9, DVI and so on.
Moving to the back of the box not only do ABIT display the features in more detail but also the advantage of PCI Express over AGP - Sentences like Double Bandwidth vs. AGP and Better Stability can be seen. The middle of the box tells you why ABIT is best with a number of rewards from various media found at the top right.
Included within the package is not only your normal S-Video, S-Video to RCA Adapter and DVI converter but also an RCA cable so in the situation where you don't have S-Video you can get straight into using the TV-Out without having to worry about purchasing another cable.
The package is quite bare as you can see - all you get apart from the above cables is the manual, driver CD as well as a free copy of Cyberlink's Power Cinema. Enough to get you started with your new graphics card but that is all.
- The Card
ABIT are using an orange PCB instead of the normal red that we find on most cards. You can also see below that the cooler comes out onto the memory modules much like the HIS design where they are useful as the cool air will come out the side and cool the complete memory sink properly.
It is disappointing to find that once you turn the card over you find no heatsinks on the back. We will have to see if this causes us problems later when it comes to overclocking the card.
There really is not much to say about the ABIT card as it quite standard and unlike the HIS doesn't come with the Rage Theater chip as the card has no VIVO function. Let's have a quick look at our final card from GeCube and then move onto the benchmarks to see where we stand with these products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club