With the X700PRO out now it's slightly unknown where the X600XT is going to sit but this article should have given us an idea on how the companies are going to go in the X700 market in the next few months. GeCube as usual have added their own extra touches to the card with the more "Extreme" cooling solutions which not only looks good but is very effective when it comes to overclocking. The package is very good for a graphics card in this price range and is something that you would only normally see on cards tipping the $250 US mark. It wasn't too long ago you had to spend $300 or more to get a free game yet you can now spend under $150 and get a full version game like we have seen here with both HIS and GeCube. The GeCube does also get the edge over the competition at stock speeds as the memory is clocked slightly higher then the others. The card is a great little overclocker and is going to be perfect for people who want to jump into the PCI E arena with mainstream performance but not spend a bucket load of cash.
The HIS graphics card looks great with its blue LED cooler and is also effective since it does have the memory sinks not only on the front but also on the back. As we have proven this doesn't make much of a difference at stock speeds but when it comes to overclocking we can see that it does give it the edge over cards that don't utilize memory sinks on the back and this is especially important with games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 which push the GPU to the limit. The package on the HIS is great and comes with a bucket load of software and games that we would only expect to see on the more expensive X800 line. The HIS X600XT was the only card out of the pack that came with VIVO and this could swing some people over to the HIS as it might not be a function that everyone uses but can come in handy one day if you do intend to keep the same card for an extended period of time.
Finally we are at the ABIT card which was slightly disappointing. While the cooler did look quite funky it wasn't too practical since the lack of memory sinks on the back seemed to cause its memory not to clock as high as the other two cards. The package was also quite slim with it being the only card not to come with a full version game. This mixed together with the poor overclock on the card makes it stand out from the pack but not in a good way.
If you are not going to overclock your ATI Radeon X600XT graphics card we can see that all cards are very similar at stock with the only stand out being that the HIS card which comes with VIVO function thanks to the ATI Rage Theater chip. The results really speak for themselves and we will see in the not too distant future how the X700's go against each other with a few silent versions being announced over the past week.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20