Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 540 (3.2GHz)
Graphics Card(s): GeCube X800XT PCI-E (Supplied by GeCube)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Kingmax DDR2 PC4300 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 4.9
We are benchmarking the two ABIT motherboards on our normal array of synthetic benchmarks to test the difference in CPU and Memory performance as well as 1024 X 768 and 1600 X 1200 in games to see if either motherboard offers much difference in normal gaming and some more extreme gaming.
It will be interesting to see if moving to the more expensive 925/DDR2 combo is warranted or if it's just a bunch of synthetic numbers playing tricks on us.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
You can see that the more expensive 925X (AA8) is a little slower in the CPU aspects across the board yet when looking at memory it is faster. In other words both are very similar at this point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 2 [The Motherboards]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 3 [Motherboard Layout, 3rd Eye and Overclocking]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - USB and Firewire Testing]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015