As usual we have a great looking box from ABIT which clearly shows us the model of the motherboard. We have a giant sticker on the box which lets you know that it's a working ICH6R as some people may remember the recall Intel had on the ICH6R chip which was causing the motherboard not to work at launch. Also on the box you may notice the UGURU sticker on the left; this is an excellent packaged designed by ABIT to give you lots of features within Windows from temperature monitoring to overclocking features.
With the outside of the box looked at its time to have a look at the more important parts of the package. When opening the box up you are greeted with a very familiar looking set of white boxes. Within these boxes are everything that we have grown accustom to in ABIT's package. With this said the AA8 we are looking at today is known as the 3rd Eye which brings with it something a little bit different which we will talk about in just a moment.
In both our boxes we receive black IDE cables, Serial ATA cables, I/O plate, manuals, drivers CD, RAID drive floppy disk and a sticker for the inside of the case so you can locate the jumpers easily for when you have to reset the BIOS because you overclocked more then you thought you could.
As we mentioned one of the motherboards we are looking at is utilizing the new UGURU clock which helps bring all the important information to you on the fly - for example temperature, clock speed, voltage levels and more. The clock is an excellent tool but it is disappointing to find that ABIT did not choose to include a back light on the unit. This would make it more useful at night so you could see what is happening. A few blue or green LEDs within the clock would make a world of difference and really take it to the next level. We will go into more detail on the 3rd Eye in just a moment.
It is hard to find something wrong with an ABIT package as they are usually always spot on with what the end user wants.
Now that the package is out the way lets take a closer look at the most important part, the motherboards and what they have on offer. Both boards features are extremely similar with each utilizing the new Matrix RAID system from Intel offering four Serial ATA ports as standard, PCI Express 16X for graphics cards offering over three times the bandwidth of AGP, PCI Express 1X which is going to be the next evolution of sounds cards, network cards and more considering the 500MB/s of dedicated bandwidth per device we have to play with when compared to the original 133MB/s of shared bandwidth.
As you may have figured both motherboards utilize the latest LGA775 processor from Intel, also included is 7.1 channels Intel High Definition Audio on the AA8 and 5.1 channel Intel High Definition Audio on the AG8 along with gigabit LAN.
Let's have a closer look at the motherboards and where these features are found.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 2 [The Motherboards]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 3 [Motherboard Layout, 3rd Eye and Overclocking]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - USB and Firewire Testing]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China