Both ABIT motherboards are extremely fast and there is no doubt that any enthusiast jumping on the Intel 775 bandwagon will like one of these ABIT solutions for their motherboard. With this said though, you may wonder what you are going to get by moving to the AA8 which is more expensive. While performance increases as far as we can tell won't be seen in the move you do get 8 Channel Audio along with optical in and out.
The 3rd Eye is a great little piece of equipment but how much use you will get out of it, only you will know. It does give you useful information but its nothing that software couldn't give you so unless you really wanted to know what your temperatures and voltages were like when playing a game or something else that takes up your screen it might not be so handy. One of the biggest problems with the 3rd Eye was the lack of back light on the device making it impossible to read in a dark or low light room. We hope this will be fixed in new revisions.
The motherboards themselves as usual look great and have everything that you would want including USB2.0, Firewire, PCI-E, Dual Channel DDR and more. It seems that the AA8 does get the jump on the AG8 when it comes to memory thanks to the DDR2 support but this is only in synthetics and when you come to gaming the performance really isn't there. Choosing the AA8 over the AG8 is going to result in a huge price increase due to the use of DDR2 being needed and the price of the motherboards themselves with the AA8 (standard) costing around 20% more than the AG8 (standard) according to prices on our price comparison website, DealTime. If you find yourself with some excellent clocking DDR memory already the chances are that you're going to want to stick with that for the moment.
Both motherboards are excellent but there is no doubting that like ourselves everyone is wanting to get their hands on the new AA8XE Fatal1ty motherboard that has been just released from ABIT which uses the all new Intel 925XE chipset with 1066FSB support. The 3rd Eye is available with both the AA8 and AG8 which is worth noting if it is a selling point that is leaning you towards one or the other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 2 [The Motherboards]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 3 [Motherboard Layout, 3rd Eye and Overclocking]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - USB and Firewire Testing]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent