While ABIT isn't the biggest manufacturer of motherboards, there is no denying that in most enthusiasts' hearts they certainly are. If you're looking at updating to the new 775 Prescott processor from Intel you're going to have to get a new motherboard to go with it. There are going to be a few decisions you have to make when it comes to upgrading to the 775 processor as you now have a few options to choose from.
We have seen a lot of new technology being introduced with the latest Intel chipsets and it will be up to you if you want to jump on them all straight away. When it comes to graphics cards you now have the option to upgrade to PCI-E but some people may feel that it's not much of an upgrade at the moment since the massive potential of PCI-E cannot yet be taken fully advantage of due to other parts of the new system (latencies).
DDR2 is another new technology that you might want to upgrade to though at the moment it is quite expensive with it being almost twice the price of normal DDR memory. We will be looking at the ABIT AA8 and the AG8 today; one utilizes the Intel 915 chipset and the other the Intel 925.
The difference between the two motherboards here today is that the AA8 uses DDR2 and the AG8 uses original DDR. ABIT as usual have also implemented features to make each motherboard stand out from the competition. Let's not delay it any longer and have a look at both of the new motherboards on offer from ABIT today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 2 [The Motherboards]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 3 [Motherboard Layout, 3rd Eye and Overclocking]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - USB and Firewire Testing]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- Halo PC is finally happening, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology
- QPAD's latest mouse launches world premier at Dreamhack
- Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans