Test System Setup
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID (RAID on ICH5R and ICH6R)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.78
We used the Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition 800MHz FSB and the Extreme Edition 3.46GHz 1066MHz FSB in order to try and keep the results as even as possible. The memory modules were set to DDR-2 533MHz and at SPD in BIOS in all of our tests to give the most accurate readings.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2b
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we can now see the benefits of DDR-2. When running 533MHz on an 800MHz FSB system the DRAM clocks are asynchronous but when on a 1066MHz FSB system 533MHz clocks are synchronous with the system bus which means less latencies between read and write cycles to the memory.
On the CPU side, despite only a 60MHz advantage to the new 1066FSB CPU the performance has increased quite dramatically, guess a bus increase now and then does speed things along.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4