The DIP Line
When you enter the DIP area, there is a lot going on as it's part of the factory where workers actually physically touch the motherboard. Before workers enter the area, they must test their electrostatic discharge (ESD) with this little machine.
This is a manual insertion line where factory workers place different through-hole components such as portions of the IO panel and PCI-E slots.
After some components are manually inserted, others which are smaller such as capacitors, are inserted into the PCB with auto insertion machines. This is a Juki JM-10 and it places capacitors (and there is a video below. GIGABYTE has worked closely with the Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) and co-developed an in-line AOI (automatic optical inspection) to ensure that the placement of DIP components is perfect.
The machine in the video manually places DIP components such as capacitors. Then the placement of the components is checked with an in-line AOI. After the manual insertion, a wave-soldering machine produces a wave of solder which brushes up against the bottom of the motherboard to permanently solder the DIP components in place. After the soldering, the boards are inspected again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- Pre-order Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess figures now
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now