The DIP Line
When you enter the DIP area, there is a lot going on as it's part of the factory where workers actually physically touch the motherboard. Before workers enter the area, they must test their electrostatic discharge (ESD) with this little machine.
This is a manual insertion line where factory workers place different through-hole components such as portions of the IO panel and PCI-E slots.
After some components are manually inserted, others which are smaller such as capacitors, are inserted into the PCB with auto insertion machines. This is a Juki JM-10 and it places capacitors (and there is a video below. GIGABYTE has worked closely with the Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) and co-developed an in-line AOI (automatic optical inspection) to ensure that the placement of DIP components is perfect.
The machine in the video manually places DIP components such as capacitors. Then the placement of the components is checked with an in-line AOI. After the manual insertion, a wave-soldering machine produces a wave of solder which brushes up against the bottom of the motherboard to permanently solder the DIP components in place. After the soldering, the boards are inspected again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz